To begin your work as a Director of Tourism, follow the steps below:
First, you will request information from the Chamber of Commerce for the city or region in Wisconsin you were assigned. When you request information, use the Chamber's website. This information will be very important in helping promote your community. Ask your teacher for help in filling out the forms on the computer.
Along with the information you get from the Chamber of Commerce, you will use the Internet and some different websites to research and answer the following questions:
- What are some fun family activities to do in this city/area?
- What are some interesting historical events or facts about the city/area?
- What are the best places to stay in this city/area?
- What are the best restaurants to eat at?
- What are some quick/fun facts about the city/area?
- Where in the state is the city/area located and how long does it take to get there from Waterford?
- What are the natural resources/industries in the city/area?
Make sure you have answered each question fully before moving to the next step in the process: your presentation!
After you've completed your research, create a PowerPoint presentation with at least seven slides -- one slide for each of the questions above. You must include at least ONE picture on each slide.
You will have three weeks to complete this project. During the first week, you will answer the research questions about your city/area. During the second two weeks, you will create the PowerPoint presentation using the information you found.
Lake Superior Lowlands
Eagle River, WI
Prairie du Chien
Eastern Ridges and Lowlands
Sturgeon Bay/Door County