In order for you to complete this task you will need to visit the websites listed below to help you with your journey of creating a school recycling program.
In order to complete this project, you are responsible for completing the process I have listed below for you. Remember, you are creating a recycling program at your school and you are the experts. You will have five days to complete this assignment.
- There are three people in your group.
- Appoint a group leader.
- Once you decide on who is the group leader, you are to report to this person throughout this project about your information findings.
- According to the web resources I have provided to you, each member of the group are to research all eight resources.
- Once you have researched and analyzed the web resources, you are to decide as a group which four resources you will use to complete your project. Remember, you can only use four resources out of the eight provided.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation to present at the upcoming school assembly.
Your presentation must consist of ten slides. Include in your slides the elements listed below:
b. Background information on recycling.
c. How can creating a school recycling program benefit your school?
d. Why recycle?
e. What can be recycled?
f. How will the recyclables be collected and stored?
g. How will the school recyclables be picked up or will they be delivered?
h. Discuss the California refund value? What is it and provide examples.
i. Provide a list of recycling centers in the area.
j. Discuss ways in which everyone at the school can get involved in recycling.
*Important: Your presentation should be 10-15 minutes in length. Please stay within this time frame as points will be deducted if you go over.
- Create posters to increase the awareness needs of recycling.
- Post posters in the gym, classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, library and office.