National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies
Thematic Strand III: People Places and Environments
- How do human actions change the environment, and how does the environment influence the lives of people?
- How do changes in the use and distribution of resources affect peoples’ lives?
- Concepts such as human modifications of the environment.
- Create a product comparing land use policies in this country and another.
- Ask questions and find answers which are related to geography in regions, nations, and the world in past and present.
Thematic Strand VI: Power, Authority, and Governance
- Prepare and implement an action plan addressing a local public issue or problem.
- Prepare and present visuals of an analysis of local or national issues requiring government action.