Step 1: Careers that use Math
- Pick 3 professions related to Math
- Research and describe a typical day on the job and how Math is used daily
- Research each profession's average salary
- Choose one of the 3 professions from Step 1 that you are most interested in
- What degree is required for that job
- Find 2 colleges or universities, one in-state and one out-of-state, that offer programs that will allow you to obtain that degree and describe the Math courses required
- Determine what classes in high school you would need to take to be eligible for the programs you researched in Step 2.
- Using all of your research and data, write a 1-2 paragraph conclusion about how the Math courses you take in high school can/will eventual effect your college degree, and your career.
- Create a PowerPoint and present it to the class
- Be sure to include slides of each bullet point listed in Steps 1-3
- You only have to list your main ideas for your Conclusion slide
You may use some of the links provide for your research, or you may find resources of your own. Be sure to correctly cite any sources you use.
Find a career in or that uses Math:
College and High School Preparation: