Working with your assigned partner:
1. Research different types of roller coasters, paying attention to their heights, loops, and number of hills (parabolic curves) by browsing through the following websites:
2. Go to Elitch Gardens Roller Coasters to research the types of roller coasters already at Elitch Gardens so that you can create something original.
3. Sketch some original roller coaster designs on paper.
4. Go to Design Your Roller Coaster to check the safety and thrill level of your coaster.
5. Create quadratic and linear equations that you can add together to make your ultimate roller coaster. Take into account the height of the hills and the roller coaster starting on a coordinate plane at (0,0). Use a graphing calculator to test and determine if your quadratic and linear equations are correct and accurate.
6. Make an interactive PowerPoint presentation that shows your roller coaster going through your entire ride with your linear and quadratic equations.
7. Make a brochure or flyer that explains why your roller coaster is the biggest and best to be built at Elitch Gardens.