In this assignment, you will relate the story of how a family from another country came to live in America. The family you tell us about may be your own family or the family of someone you know, even a family you make up. The family may have come from any country, or come to America in any number of ways. Every family's story is different.
Your task will be to tell the story of the family in the form of a multimedia presentation. You can include words, pictures, movies, audio files, music, art - whatever you think will best tell the story of a family that has moved to America.
The types of information you will research and present might include these:
- The country of origin
- The language of that country
- The art, music, and culture of that country
- What the family did in that country (what the parents did for a living)
- What the children did when they lived in that country (school, work, etc.)
- The members of that family
- Why they came to America
- How they came to America
- What they do here (how the parents make a living)
- How many people from that country live in America
- What proportion of the American population people from that country represent and how those numbers compare to people from other countries and continents
- What life was like in the home country
- How life is different here
- If the family is happy in America
- What elements of life in the original country the family still keeps - language, religion, family traditions, etc.
- How the culture of the home country has affected American culture, and vice versa
- If the family members miss their original home
- If the family members ever travel back to the original country
These are suggestions; you can certainly do more. The story is up to you, so be creative! Make your presentation as interesting and informative as possible.