by Cherisse Jackson, California State University Monterey Bay
First, learners will research the context categories for this novel. Next,the learners will synthesize their research by creating five-question interviews between a category expert and an interviewer. Finally, the learners will present their research to the rest of the class as they conduct the interview.
I created this lesson for five reasons:
- To introduce the novel's context before beginning its three-week unit.
- To familiarize students with the distant, unfamiliar context of this novel.
- To motivate students to interpret and connect with the ideas.
- To lead students into a synthesis of numerous web research sites with different formats.
- To provide them with an opportunity to practice an interview in a structured form.