At the computer:
Be sure to read all the directions first, before you click on any link!
- Read and print the information about The Vasa, a Swedish warship.
- Read and print the information about The Mary Rose, an English warship.
- Read and print the information about The Whydah, a pirate ship.
- Read and print the information about Samuel "Black Sam" Bellamy, the pirate captain of The Whydah.
In the classroom:
Step # 1:
After you have chosen which ship to study, use the links below to print the worksheet that you will help you with your research about the ship. Be sure to answer all the questions about that ship as fully as you can.
Remember to follow all directions on the worksheets!
Step # 2:
After you have completed the worksheet take a piece of lined paper and begin your first draft of your summary. Remember to:
- Stay on task
- Have a clear beginning, middle and end
- Tell the events in the order that they occured
- Use specific details from the printed materials
- Write in complete sentences
- Be sure to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Step # 3:
When you are finished, conference with the teacher. When your final draft is completed, you may take the template for the drawing and draw a picture of the ship that you had chosen.