Your end goal is to create a well-created, well written magazine for Greek society. You will begin this process by assigning each of you to one of the following roles
1) Front Page Editor: Your job is to write at least two (2) front page articles for GNT. One of these articles must be about one of the Greek gods in the Pantheon. The other article must be about a Greek hero and his/her victorious battle. Each of these articles must be a minimum of 300 words each. Your role as editor also includes typing these articles and working with the Photo Editor to design the front page layout.
2) Gossip Columnist: Your job is to write at least three (3) gossip articles for the second page of the magazine. For a really good gossip column, stick to topics such as love affairs, break-ups, love-triangles, feuding families and/or friends. Each of these articles must be at least 200 words in length. You will also work with the Photo Editor to design the page layout. These articles must be typed.
3) Sports/Life Editor: Your job is to write at least three (3) articles in relation to Greek sports and Greek life. Topics can include the Olypmics, clothing, food/drink, and leisure activities. Each of these articles must be at least 200 words in length. You will also work with the Photo Editor to design the page layout. These articles must be typed.
4) Public Relations/Advertising: Your job is to design at least three (3) advertisments for Greek News Today. These advertisements can be for restaurants, clothing stores, movies, or products. They must relate to Greek mythology. For example, you could design an advertisement for Aphrodite's Dating Service. These advertisements do not have a word length, but must include graphics to help sell the product. Each advertisment must be at least 1/3 page in size. You can use any computer program to help assist in the creating of these advertisements.
5) Photo Editor: Your job is to create at least three (3) pictures for the magazine. There will be one picture for a front page article, one picture for a gossip column, and one picture for Sports/Life. These pictures must be hand-drawn and cannot be traced from a photo. Make sure each of the pictures relates to the article. You will also write one caption sentence for each picture and work with each of the editors to help design page layout.
-read all about it...
Here are some tools to help you get started with researching.
Here are some links to help you write a terrific magazine article.