Task 1: Explore!
- Choose a Native American Indian Tribe listed on the website below (under fact sheets about specific Native American Indian Tribes) and answer questions 1-10 about your tribe using the worksheet below.
- Create a Venn Diagram to compare your life with the life of a typical child from your tribe.
Native American Indian Facts website
Task 2: Create a home!
- Explore the different Native American Indian dwelling by clicking on "homes" below.
- Find a picture of the dwelling your tribe lived in.
- List the materials you will need to create this dwelling. Using materials found in your natural environment is recommended.
- Create the dwelling, including the surrounding environment, and bring it to school on the due date.
- The home must be small enough to fit in a shoe box (such as a diarama) or fit onto a half-size poster board.
Task 3: Fill in a map!
- Look at the map on the link below. Using your blank map and your crayons (or color pencils ~ no markers), color each region of the Native American Tribes in the United States and label. There should a total of seven regions. Also, label the surrounding countries and bodies of water.
Task 4: Design a Power Point!
- Open Microsoft Power Point and create a new slideshow.
- Choose a design that you think matches your Native American Indian Tribe.
- Create one slide for each category from the questions in Task #1. Some categories may require more than one slide.
- You will use your answers for the text for each slide.
- Use the internet to find pictures to add to each slide.
- You will present the PowerPoint to the class on the Smart Board.
- Be sure to document all resources used (including websites pictures were found) and include it in your PowerPoint.
** to save the PowerPoint, select save as, then change the file to "lastfirst,per#,tribename" ~ for example, if I completed the project on the Chickasaw tribe, my file name would be "butlerpatty,per5,Chickasaw"