You will be creating parallel journals containing information about your trip from Independence, Missouri to Oregon City, Oregon during the early migration on the Oregon Trail.
You will be seperated into groups. You and your group members will become a family.
Your group must decide who plays what role and their ages. Your family must have at least a mother and father.
- Each journal must match with the events of the other "family members."
- You must give detailed accounts of reality based situations you encountered.
- You must use proper grammer and spelling.
- Your journal must be neat.
- Ask your family members to peer check it for you.
- Your journal does not need to be a daily written account, but it must include prominent landmarks along the way.
- Your journal must include at least 3 river crossings and 2 mountain crossings.
- Your journal must start in Independence, Missouri and end in Oregon City, Oregon.
- All family members must survive the entire trip.
- You must record where you found all your resouces.
Write in your journal as if your relatives in the year 2007 will have a good idea about what it was like on the Oregon Trail.