1. Assign group roles. Each group needs a reader, navigator, writer and a task manager.
The reader is in charge of reading the text at a nice pace so that all of the other group members can understand. The reader must be one of the third grade buddies.
The navigator is in charge of moving the mouse and using the keyboard to move around the WebQuest.
The writer is in charge of writing the information onto the graphic organizer.
The task manager is in charge of making sure everyone is working hard and staying on task so your quest will be done on time.
Remember it is everyone's job to share ideas, discuss information and answer questions.
2. After you each have a role, you can begin! Use the two links below to view different landforms. Look at at least 5 different landforms. While you are looking at the landforms, talk about these questions with your group:
How are the landforms different?
How are they the same?
You do not have to read all of the text by each landform, but read enough to get an idea of what makes that landform unique.
Click here to view the landforms.
Click here to view other landforms.
3. As a group, pick one landform from the list that you would like to learn more about. Don't forget to circle the landform you chose on your graphic organizer.
4. Click on the link below and find your landform in the Landform Definition Chart. Read the definition for your landform. You can use parts of this information for one of your facts. Record the fact on your graphic organizer.
5. Look at the links under your landform below to gather other information about your landform. Record the information in the boxes on your graphic organizer. Be sure to fill in every box on the graphic organizer before we leave today.