Above is a movie about Learning Disabilities
The Links below are Movies about Learning Disabilities and Dyslexia:
The Links below are websites about Learning Disabilities and Dyslexia:
Below is a short list of famous people who have learning disabilities:
Muhammad Ali, World Heavyweight Champion Boxer
Alexander Graham Bell
Click on link above!
It brings you to Information about famous people with Dyslexia.
The First Part of the Web Quest :
You will be finding information on Learning disabilities. You will have to write definition in your own words of the term learning disabilities. You will then have to list at least 5 characteristics or symptoms that people have when they have a learning disability. You will has to make a list of at least 5 treatments or coping mechanism of learning disabilities.
Above are Some Great Internet Sources You Will Need to Complete Your Project !
- The First are Videos about learning disabilities and dyslexia.
- The next are links to website about the same topics.
- To research Famous people with learning disabilities and dyslexia I put one sight that a large list of famous people with links to click on to find out information about them.
- This sight should help you find all the information you will need.
- We will also be going to the library to find books to help you do this project.
- I suggest that when reading the websites to use Kurzweil because the reading level is difficult.
Step 1: you will research the topic of learning disabilities and pick a famous person with a learning disability that you want to study. You might want to pick a famous person that you know some information about previous to this project.This will make the project more meaningful to you. Make you watch all oft he video that are listed on this page.
- You Will need to write a definition of learning disabilities in your own words.
- You will need to make a list of 5 common characteristics or symptoms of learning disabilities.
- You will need to make a list of 5 treatments or way of coping with a learning disability.
- Pick a famous person with a learning disability to research.
Step 2: You will have find information on a famous person with dyslexia.
- You will need to write a little about the famous persons life.
- You will need to write about some of their struggles.
- You will need to write about some of their great achievements.
- You will need to find a picture of the famous person to put on your website.
Step 3: you will have to make a poster with the information about learning disabilities and the famous person with dyslexia. You will need to put pictures on this poster and make it colorful and artistic.
- Make your you but all the information you gathered in step 1 and Step 2 and put it on your poster in a organized manor.
- Make sure you information is typed.
- Be artistic (use many colors on your poster and construction paper)
- use at least 3 pictures on your poster.
Step 4: You will have to present you Poster to our small class.
- During your presentation you need to show eye contact, have your hands at your side, and speak loud and clear.
- Know your information. Do not read off information from your poster.
- Explain your pictures and say why you picked the pictures you did.
- Make you Explain why you picked the famous person you did.
- Your presentation should no more than 5 minutes long and should be longer than 3 minutes.
Step 5: You have to present you poster to a family member or close friend
- You should present your poster to at least one person
- You will need to get a Signature from your parents that you gave the presentation.
- The more poster presentation you give the easier it will be for you to write your review worksheet and your final Journal.
Step 6: You have to fill out a review worksheet after you two presentations
- you will list things you learned from doing this project so far.
- you will write down what type of questions your audience members asked and how you answered your their questions.
- you will write down some questions you still have.
- You will write down how you feel about talking about learning disabilities.
Step 7: You will be broken up into to groups and share your Review worksheets.
- Bring your poster back to class and your review worksheet.
- You will discuss how you feel about talking about learning disabilities.
- You talk to your group member about what personal information you gave about your learning disability.
- You will talk about the struggles that you both share and what struggles you have that are different.
Step 8: In your group you will make a list of what you learned,
- You will compare and contrast your two experiences with presenting your projects at home.
- You will brainstorm some questions you still have about learning disabilities.
Step 9: You will write a journal about the whole experience.
- You will type up a two page Journal double spaced size 12 font.
- You will have to turn in a rough draft of your journal.
Step 10: Optional you will present your poster to you big class with your special education teacher.
- If you feel comfortable you will have a chance to present your poster to your large class.
- You and your special education teacher will bring awareness to learning disabilities.
- It will help others understand why you have trouble reading and spelling and this will decrease teasing.
Check List of Steps You Need to Complete for This Web Quest
1st you will research the topic of learning disabilities and pick a famous person with a learning disability that you want to study
2nd you will have find information on a famous person with dyslexia
3rd.you will have to make a poster with the information about learning disabilities and the famous person with dyslexia. You will need to put pictures on this poster and make it colorful and artistic.
4th you will have to present you poster to our small class.
5thyou have to present you poster to a family member or close friend
6thyou have to fill out a review worksheet after you two presentations
7thyou will part up in to groups and share your presentations
8thin your group you will make a list of what you learned, you will compare and contrast your two experiences with presenting your projects at home.
9thyou will write a journal about the whole experience.
10thoptional you will present your poster to you big class with your special education teacher.