Use the links found under Educational Resources to answer the questions found in the Information Worksheets – to be handed out by your teacher.
Once the Information Sheets are completed, you are ready to begin creating your publication. You must understand what makes your colony stand out from all the others. You must use your research to convince those 500 new Colonists to move to your colony. Remember, you are creating this publication during the early 1700's. Your information MUST be from this time period and historically accurate. After completing your research, you must access Microsoft Publisher to choose what type of publication to present your material to the new colonists. You may choose from a newsletter, pamphlet or brochure. Your publication must include the following:
1. Map of your colony as it was during the early 1700's
2. Major towns or communities
3. Geographic features
4. Climate and agricultural information
5. Economic development or how they made their money
6. Why and who originally founded the colony
7. Two reasons your colony is better than the others
8. At least three pictures but no more than five - Remember pictures must be historically accurate
Please continue to refer to the list above to ensure that you include EVERYTHING needed in your publication.
New England Colonies