1. Find basic info about your country
You must include the following as a minimum:
- population size
- Gross Domestic Product (in U.S. Dollars)
- land area
- official language
2. Research popular past-times and hobbies of people in that country
Find your countries official tourism site below and gather information for your project. Make sure to find the English version of the site at the home page. If you still need more information feel free to consult other websites. Be certain to cite each website that you use in your research.
As you complete your research keep in mind these questions:
- a) How is the regional landscape of your country reflected in your country's national pastimes or sports?
- b) Does having certain cultural pastimes link or divide your country from the rest of its region? What about the rest of the world?
- c) Has the national pastime created or diffused any national problems? What about international problems.
- d) Have any current events changed the national pastimes of your country?
3. Create a powerpoint presentation to teach about your country and its' culture.
Be as creative as possible with your presentation and remember that your audience is made up of potential tourists who are interested in an active interesting experience in a foreign country. If you need help with your PowerPoint presentation the link below has helpful hints.
Make sure to give credit to the sources of your information and photos at the end of your PPT presentation. Follow this link to the way to cite using the Turabian style citation.
4. Create a brochure for your tourists to take using Microsoft Word.
Remember it should include a map and the itinerary of a trip that your tourists could sign up for. Make sure to have at least 5 days spent in your country with 4 cultural spots to visit, one should be related to sports. Check the evaluation and task page to make sure you have included everything. Below is a link to help you use MS Word to create your brochure.
5. On the assigned day you will present your presentation and brochure to the audience
Each member of your group should come prepared to address the audience. Two will focus on the PPT presentation and two will hand out the brochure and explain its contents. After your planned comments be prepared to answer questions that your audience may have. You may not know all the answers, but being able to point them towards another source is one way to help in those situations. Below is a link to help your group presentation.